Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing #3: RSS

I set up accounts in both Bloglines and Google Reader. I am not sure how much I will use these feeds, since I already have enough to read as it is. But at least now when I came upon a blog or website that I do want to keep up with I won't loose track of it in my bloated Favorites file which needs serious weeding. Also it will be an easy way to keep up with some of the 23 Things on a Stick blogs.

We expect to use RSS technology in our library to help our faculty stay in touch with what's going on in the library and to keep up with new materials coming in. We also plan to have a sort of RSS teach-in day when we will be available to help anyone interested in learning about feeds and how they can set them up. We are partnering with our IT department this fall to have monthly technology teach-ins (with refreshments)which will highlight some of the Library 2.0 features that we think will be of most benefit to our faculty and students. We look forward to the participation of IT folks and the chance to build stronger ties with that department.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When Google Reader went under, I latched on to Feedly as my RSS reader. It was about as close to Reader as I could find.